No Show Policy:
Cancellations for class attendance are accepted up to 24 hours prior to the beginning of class. If you fail to cancel and do not attend, you will be assessed a Seat Fee equal to the cost of the class for non-members. To cancel, you can do so either through your member portal, by emailing the Education Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or by texting us at (931) 552-3567. A time stamp is recorded on all three platforms.
Attendance and Check in:
You are asked to arrive ON TIME for class. The Tennessee Real Estate Commission requires that you attend 100% of courses that are less than eight (8) hours in length to receive CE credit. If you are late, you will be allowed, and encouraged, to remain and take the course for your professional development, but you will be denied TN CE credit.
Inclement Weather Policy:
In the event of inclement weather, all classes scheduled that day will be canceled if Clarksville-Montgomery County Schools are canceled. If this cancellation occurs more than 24 hours before the scheduled start time you will be notified via email. If it is less than 24 hours, you will be sent a text message from the CAR number.
Virtual Course Rules and Guidelines:
These rules have been established by the Tennessee Real Estate Commission for the conveyance of Continuing Education credit of courses offered via livestream platforms (Zoom, GoToMeeting, WebEx, etc.):
• Login/check-in for class begins 20 minutes before the stated class start time and ends once the class begins. Students must be logged in and their identification verified by the proctor BEFORE the stated
class start time.
• Students must login with their full name as listed on their real estate license. If their name is not clear, the proctor has permission to ask them to change it. If their identity is not made clear, they may not receive CE credit due to the inability to recognize the student.
• Students must be visible on camera and looking towards the camera AT ALL TIMES to receive CE credit. If we cannot prove that the student is paying attention, they may have to forfeit CE credit.
• Students may not take phone calls or “step away” from the camera during class to receive CE credit. Instructors will provide time for breaks and lunch (if applicable). During designated break/lunch time, attendees may take care of personal calls, emails, etc. NOTE: Attendees should NOT log out at any time during the class.
• Students may not participate in outside/separate work while attending class to receive CE credit.
• If an emergency or specific need arises, please use the “chat” feature to privately notify the proctor(s) of your situation.
• Students are also responsible for the performance of their own technology including audio volume, video clarity and reliable internet connection. We use the Zoom platform. For more information about Zoom, please check their website at www.zoom.us. Video, audio and internet access are all needed to successfully “attend” class.
• Your camera must remain stable and UNMOVED during the course broadcast. Excessive camera movement is distracting and may result in a student’s removal from the class at the instructor’s discretion.
• Virtual backgrounds are advised against. If the proctor or instructor find your background to be too distracting, or if they cannot see you clearly with said background, you will be asked to remove it or risk being removed from the class.
• No sharing a room with other students unless permission has been granted in writing by Clarksville Association of REALTORS®.
• If at any time the instructor or the proctor deem it necessary to remove a student from the class, they have the right to do so and the student will not receive CE credit for the class.
• Students will be responsible for completing an evaluation and returning the document within 48 hours to CAR.