Mike Groves Memorial Scholarship
Mike Groves was a member of the Clarksville Association of REALTORS® from 1991 until his passing in 2015. In his 24 years with CAR, Mike served in dozens of leadership roles, including as our primary REALTOR® Code of Ethics instructor. He was named REALTOR® of the Year in 2001 and was elected to serve as President in 2000 and 2015.
Mike strived to make CAR and its members leaders in the REALTOR® community and to exist on the cutting edge. He believed that the future of this organization was in educating, encouraging and investing in young leaders and in embracing emerging technology trends. Mike championed for the formation and recognition of the CAR Young Professionals Network and, without his vocal support, it would not be what it is today!
In Mike’s honor, the CAR YPN has raised funds through its hugely successful Handbags for Hope fundraiser to endow this scholarship. On behalf of the entire membership of the CAR YPN, ‘Thank You’ for applying for this scholarship and helping to keep Mike’s passion for education alive!
The Application Process:
- Review the Scholarship Rules and Guidelines.
- Complete the Student Questionnaire
- Video Essay Submission
- Record a creative video presenting your personality. Share with us why you deserve the scholarship, and what your plans are if you’re selected as a recipient of the Mike Groves Memorial Scholarship.
- Video Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the case that your video is too large, you may need to send it via Google Drive. If sent via Google Drive, please remember to edit your settings and allow email@example.com to view the video.
- You are welcome to deliver a thumb drive with your video, however, email and Google Drive are preferred. If necessary, thumb drives can be delivered to Clarksville Association of REALTORS.
- Submission of your Official Transcript from your guidance counselor
- Official Transcripts can be mailed to Clarksville Association of REALTORS or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letter of Recommendation
- A Letter of Recommendation must be written from a teacher or mentor at your school and emailed to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: ALL parts of the application MUST be submitted by the deadline. Partial applications will NOT be considered.
Mailed materials can be sent to:
Clarksville Association of REALTORS
Attention: Jamie Wilbanks
115 Center Pointe Drive
Clarksville, TN 37040
Clarksville High School
Montgomery Central High School
Rossview High School
West Creek High School